GreenLight is made up of some of the brightest scientists in the world. These dedicated individuals have immersed themselves in the Company’s cutting-edge scientific research and technology. GreenLight fosters a positive, collaborative, and creative work environment, where open communication is paramount and each individual learns from and teaches one another every day.
GreenLight seeks talented, driven employees with all levels of experience to join our research team and contribute to GreenLight’s continued growth and success.
GreenLight is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our workforce. We believe in a culture of transparency, integrity and inclusion.
To learn more, please contact Recruiting at email@example.com.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - METABOLIC ENGINEERING
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated and collaborative Research Associate to work on cutting edge technology in the renewable chemicals space. The successful candidate will work closely with a diverse team to achieve overall team goals. Strong technical skills, organizational skills, and a commitment to excellent and repeatable work are expected.
- Perform biochemical techniques including protein expression, purification and analysis and enzymatic activity assays in support of research projects
- Routinely perform molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA mutagenesis, DNA subcloning, protein/DNA electrophoresis, cell transformation, cell culture, and other more advanced methods in support of research projects
- Work collaboratively with other team members to accomplish project goals and milestones
- Use creative problem-solving skills to troubleshoot experimental challenges
- Detail-oriented tracking and documenting of experimental results in laboratory notebooks and databases
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to manager and other team members
- 2 plus years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry expected
- Experience with enzymatic activity design and high-throughput implementation
- Strong background in molecular biology and biochemistry with experience in recombinant DNA technologies, protein analysis, cell transformation, and cell culture is expected
- Familiarity with analytical techniques for metabolite detection is a plus
- High quality standards for one’s own work is required
- Experience with cutting edge cloning methods (Gibson, GoldenGate, LCR) for generating expression plasmids is a plus
B.S. or M.S. in biochemistry, bioengineering, microbiology, molecular biology, or equivalent