GreenLight is dedicated to bringing our Cell-Free process for the production of RNA to market to address global needs and threats. The team at GreenLight is composed of world leaders in diverse fields all working towards one goal. A dynamic and fast-paced environment is cultivated with employees not only aligned with GreenLight's mission, but also passionate about the technology and science. We are always seeking passionate and talented people that are ready to lead the coming RNA revolution.
GreenLight is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our workforce. We believe in a culture of transparency, integrity, gender equality and inclusion.
Plant Biology/ Virology Leader- Research Triangle Park, NC
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated Plant biologist/virologist/pathologist to apply Greenlight’s cutting edge RNA technology to Crop Protection. In this role you will be integrally involved in both the strategic approach and the ultimate deployment of research surrounding the discovery, characterization, production and testing of novel RNAi products for crop protection. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-paced milestone driven company, are essential.
- Results-oriented individual with a passion for developing cutting edge technology
- An ability to balance independence with a passion for working with others
- Willing to pitch in and do what it takes to enable success for all aspects of the project, team and company.
If you are a visionary and out of the box thinker, that can help GreenLight unlock RNAi solutions for crop protection and transform the existing Ag space, you may be the leader we are searching for.
- Design and develop robust purification schemes for recovering enzymes, proteins and/or nucleic acids from microbial cells using scalable separation techniques (e.g., protein precipitation techniques, TFF/MF/UF/DF, chromatography).
- Collaborate with enzymologists and molecular engineers to achieve purity and composition requirements.
- Work with the technoeconomic modeling group to define downstream processes in silico, including design schemes, associated costs, and relevant technical assumptions.
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate new processes and equipment within the laboratory and at larger
- Scale benchtop-scale purification processes to pilot-scale and industrial-scale.
- Develop an overall process understanding and provide suggestions/feedback to upstream processes.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance for commercial scale operations.
- Assist with the development of detailed technology transfer documents to accelerate larger scale implementation.
- Interface with internal subject matter experts to coordinate communications with external partners and oversee activities at external partners, as necessary.
- Work with other team members to accomplish project goals and milestones.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to independently troubleshoot experimental challenges.
- Continuously contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio and routinely track and document results in laboratory notebooks and data bases.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to team members.
- Effectively use current published information to understand current practices and innovations being considered to establish a fundamental understanding of the technology and to build a foundation for Greenlight process development.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in chemical engineering, bioengineering, biochemistry, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of commercial experience developing and scaling downstream processes for the purification of industrial or food grade proteins and/or nucleic acids from microbial sources.
- Strong commercial experience and process development expertise in protein purification is required.
- Expertise with scalable separation techniques, such as filtration (MF/TFF/DF/UF), protein precipitation techniques and chromatography is required.
- Experience in nucleic acid purification is a plus.
- Expertise with scalable cell rupture methods is a plus.
- Must be highly-motivated with exceptional communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.